Garage Door Repair Herriman UT - Local Repair Services
Have you ever viewed your garage as an extension of your home? In our modern day, we have moved beyond using our garages for only vehicle storage. Storing personal items and recreational vehicles, using them as rec rooms, and even creating livable spaces are all options when it comes to these spaces. So what do we do when we have a garage door in need of repair? A broken or damaged door become dangerous and may be an invitation for thieves. Your garage door needs regular care. In order to operate properly and safely. Professional garage door repair is your answer.
Expert Herriman Garage Door Repair Services
Your garage door may be in need of an evaluation from a company specializing in garage door repair Herriman UT if you notice the following:
- Garage door tracks are bent: Damage to the tracks can soon cause damage to the wall brackets as well. A specialist garage door repair will assess the tracks and provide you with solutions.
- When the garage door opens or closes, it sticks: A sticking garage door could be an issue with the door sensors or the batteries in the remote, or it could be a more serious problem.
- Door springs are rusted or bent: Contact a professional Garage Door Repair Herriman if you notice worn or damage to door springs. Do not attempt this job on your own. Contact a trained technician for garage door spring repair.
- Damage to one or more door panels: Dents from a wayward basketball or vehicle mishap can become a safety issue.
- Your garage door leaves gaps when it opens or closes: Gaps in your door serve as a welcome sign for rain, snow, wind, and unwanted visitors.
History of Garage Doors
Over time, our garage doors have experienced an evolution in style, operation, and purpose. Back in 450 B.C., gatehouses served as storage for chariots. Fast forward to 1922, when the garage door opener was patented, then a few more years to postwar 1950s, when the garage door moved from behind our homes to the front. Today, it is not uncommon to find homes with more than one two-car space. Garage doors are commonly made out of jointed panels and the building materials are as varied as the designs.
As garage doors change over time, so must the ways by which they are repaired and maintained. You want to keep your family safe, and one way to ensure safety is by regular maintenance of your garage door.
Maintenance and Upkeep
Normal wear and tear over time is normal. Weather can cause garage doors to appear aged (think fading from the sun), and just one hailstorm can bring dents to the panels. An unobservant new driver may not have meant to drive the car into the door, but those mishaps do occur. The average door will open and close 1,500 times every year, which naturally causes wear and tear to working parts.
It is a good idea to regularly inspect your system of garage door mechanisms, including rollers, tracks, springs, and cables. Call Garage Door Repair Herriman UT for an annual garage door tune-up. If you are confident in your DYI skills, minor repairs should not be an issue. However, technicians who specialize in garage door repair should be contacted if your garage door requires repair or replacement of moving hardware or springs. The risk of injury is unnecessary when trained professionals are available for this service.
Garage Door Openers
Maybe the issue is not with your garage door, but with the electronic opener. As times have changed, so have the ways with which we open our garages. You now depend on your opener to handle the heavy lifting for you. Issues with garage door openers often require a simple fix, such as changing the batteries or cleaning the sensor. Be sure to check for obstructions in the path of the door if the door is not closing all the way. A trained Herriman Garage Door Repair technician is equipped with the knowledge to assess and repair larger problems. Trust our work in garage door repair for your door opener issues.
Your safety and the safety of your family is important. Do not risk accident or injury when it comes to issues with your garage door. If the job seems too overwhelming, contact a trained technician to handle the task. Trust the job to a quality Herriman garage door repair company in Herriman.